Welcome to Georgia Cyber Academy PTSO
The key to keeping the GCA PTSO a successful organization is the involvement of the entire school community. For some families, it simply means becoming a member. For others, it means hosting an event, helping another learning coach or student, leading a fundraiser or serving on a committee. Your time and energy are the only limitations to the extent that you would like to be involved. The PTSO shall not seek to direct administrative activities of the school or control its policies but instead is organized and operated for the charitable and educational purpose of assisting Georgia Cyber Academy in providing the best education possible to the children enrolled at the school.
To implement that purpose, the PTSO shall:
- Provide family activities that build community within the school.
- Provide learning opportunities through events and programs.
- Provide funding for items not included in the school budget.
- Hold various fundraisers in accordance with Georgia Cyber Academy’s policies to fund the above activities.
WHAT DOES THE PTSO DO?
- Serves GCA throughout the state of Georgia
- Finds and organizes parent volunteers for the school.
- Raises money for school focused programs and services.
- Holds monthly meetings to discuss current issues affecting our school with administrators, teachers, students and parents.
- Supports our school faculty and staff and lets them know how much we value their work.
Our mission is to support and enhance the Georgia educational experience for our children attending Georgia Cyber Academy. We strive to achieve this through providing an avenue of communication, offering volunteer opportunities, and fundraisings to assist with school related programs and projects.
The key to keeping the GCA PTSO a successful organization is the involvement of the entire school community. For some families, it simply means supporting our fundraisers. For others, it means hosting a party, helping another Learning Coach/student, chairing a fundraiser or serving on the Board. Your time and energy are the only limitations to the extent that you would like to be involved.